Monday, November 2, 2009

Day 7 in the Congo

Our last day in Kinshasa. I am going to miss this place a great deal. I have become close friends with the crew here at Hope! The first day we arrived here, I will have to admit, I had fear. I felt like a million eyes were watching us and at times, did not feel safe. However, today, I felt at home with my local friends. No longer was it about different color skin, but, a love for the people and place. I will be a leaving a part of my heart here. These hard working people have left quite an impression on me! We finished filming today and got all of the imagery that was needed... Praise the Lord! Sarah and Nic are up late translating tonight and we fly out early tomorrow! Thanks SO much for your prayers!!! We are very excited about how this project is coming together! We begin our voyage home in the morning! Bonsoir

1 comment:

michelle Kelly said...

Just love the outfit. It is amazing. Sounds like the Lord has really been working in this project. You both continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Have a safe trip home.